1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period/Eligibility: The STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Series 2013 World Championship Twitter Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) takes place during the following time period: 8:00 AM (ET) on Monday, October 21, 2013 through 11:59 PM (ET) on Saturday, October 26, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, there will be six (6) separate entry periods, as detailed in the chart in Section 3 below (“Entry Period(s)”). Twitter’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor or Administrator relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of STIHL INCORPORATED (“STIHL” or “Sponsor”) and Career Sports & Entertainment, Inc. d/b/a CSE (“CSE” or “Administrator”), their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of Sweepstakes, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (“Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor or Administrator which are final and binding; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; and (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
Entry Period #1 8:00 am (ET) on Monday, October 21, 2013 through 11:59 pm (ET) on Monday, October 21, 2013
Entry Period #2 12:00 am (ET) on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 through 11:59 pm (ET) on Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Entry Period #3 12:00 am (ET) on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 through 11:59 pm (ET) on Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Entry Period #4 12:00 am (ET) on Thursday, October 24, 2013 through 11:59 pm (ET) on Thursday, October 24, 2013
Entry Period #5 12:00 am (ET) on Friday, October 25, 2013 through 11:59 pm (ET) on Friday, October 25, 2013
Entry Period #6 12:00 am (ET) on Saturday, October 26, 2013 through 11:59 pm (ET) on Saturday, October 26, 2013
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the natural person who is the “authorized account holder” assigned to the Account by Twitter. Use of any automated system to enter as determined by Sponsor in its sole judgment is prohibited and will result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4. Prizes/Odds: There will be a total of seven (7) Winners (“Winners”) during the Sweepstakes Period. During each of the respective Entry Periods, there will be one (1) Winner chosen from each of the respective Entry Periods. The six (6) Winners from Entry Periods 1 through 6 (one (1) Winner per Entry Period) will each receive a STIHL TIMBERSPORTS World Championship Prize Pack. The seventh and final Winner will be chosen at random from among all the Eligible Entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period, and will receive a Grand Prize of a $250.00 STIHL Product Voucher. “Prize” shall refer to a STIHL TIMBERSPORTS World Championship Prize Pack or the $250.00 STIHL Product Voucher, as the case may be, that is to be awarded to a Winner as described above. “Prizes” shall refer collectively to the STIHL TIMBERSPORTS World Championship Prize Pack and the $250.00 STIHL Product Voucher to be awarded to the Winners as described above. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each STIHL TIMBERSPORTS World Championship Prize Pack prize is $25.00. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the $250.00 STIHL Product Voucher prize is $250.00. The total ARV of all the Sweepstakes Prizes is $400.00. All Prizes are provided by Sponsor. The odds of winning depend on the number of Eligible Entries received during each respective Entry Period during the Sweepstakes Period. All Prizes will be awarded, unless an insufficient number of Eligible Entries are received. Any incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses relative to participation in the Sweepstakes (including acceptance of a Prize) not specified herein and not included are solely each Winner’s responsibility. Hardware, programming and service may be necessary in order for a Winner to use said Prize, and obtaining such additional hardware, programming and service shall be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
5. Winner Selection/Verification: There will be a total of seven (7) Winners in this Sweepstakes. One (1) potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from amongst all of the Eligible Entries received during each respective Entry Period on or about the next business day following the conclusion of each respective Entry Period (a total of six (6) potential Winners will be selected from Eligible Entries received during Entry Periods 1-6.). The seventh and final potential Winner will be chosen at random from among all the Eligible Entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period. The Administrator will send a direct message via Twitter to each potential Winner and will allow 48 hours for a direct message response from said potential Winner. In order to receive the direct message, said potential Winner’s “Tweet Privacy” Account setting must be “unchecked” and potential Winner must be following @Timbersports. If the potential Winner does not respond via Twitter direct message within a 48 hour period of when the initial message was sent, then the potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner may be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received during the respective Entry Period or the Sweepstakes Period, as the case may be. In addition, Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. The potential Winner must sign and return any required Affidavits of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance forms, IRS-W9, and any other requested forms within three (3) days of receipt and must prove eligibility, including without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity. If the Winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute any necessary Affidavits of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance forms, and any other requested forms within the designated timeframe. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Winner, such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received during the respective Entry Period or the Sweepstakes Period, as the case may be. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants grant to Sweepstakes Entities, except where prohibited by law, the full permission and authority to use entrant’s name, picture and/or likeness, or Twitter handle, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. Prize (and/or Prize documents if applicable) returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize.
6. Prize Terms/General Terms: If for any reason the Prizes are unavailable or any Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prizes, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize(s). All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes are solely each Winner’s responsibility. Each Prize is provided “as is”. The value of each Prize will be taxable to each Winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes are solely each Winner’s responsibility. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes and/or the use, misuse or redemption of Prize and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in Sweepstakes or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winners, in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners, and the delivery of each Prize. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (ii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iii) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (iv) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Sweepstakes; or (v) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any violation of these Official Rules by a Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as a Winner of the Sweepstakes and all privileges as a Winner will be immediately terminated. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR, AND ADMINISTRATOR IF APPLICABLE, RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITED BY LAW. THE GEORGIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THESE COURTS. In the event of a termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted on the Timbersports Twitter Account and the random drawing will be conducted from among all the Eligible Entries received prior to the time of termination for said respective Entry Period(s) or in Sponsor’s sole discretion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules.
7. Request for Names of Winners and/or Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and/or for the names of the Winners must be made by December 1, 2013. For the name of the Winners and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed stamped envelope (residents of VT may omit return postage) to: CSE Attention: STIHL Timbersports Series 2013 World Championship Twitter Sweepstakes, 600 Galleria Parkway, Suite 1900, Atlanta, Georgia 30339; and (ii) write “Winners List” and/or “Official Rules” on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
8. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by STIHL INCORPORATED, 536 Viking Drive, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452.
9. Administrator: This Sweepstakes is administered by CSE, 600 Galleria Parkway, Suite 1900, Atlanta, Georgia 30339.